10 Way to Use Vinegar in Your Bathroom
Vinegar is an extraordinary cleaning and deodorizing agent for your
entire home. In your bathroom, vinegar can tackle the infamous bathtub
ring, hard water and mineral deposits, soap scum, and mildew.
10 Ways to Use Vinegar in Your Bathroom
- The bathtub ring Soak paper towels with undiluted
vinegar and place them on the ring. Leave the towels to dry out. Then
spray with vinegar and scrub with a sponge.
- Clogged shower heads Shower heads can get clogged
with mineral deposits from your water. To unclog, mix 1/2 cup vinegar
and 1 quart of water in a large bowl or bucket. Remove your shower head
and soak in vinegar solution for 15 minutes. For plastic shower heads,
let soak for 1 hour in a mixture of 1 pint vinegar and 1 pint of water.
- Soap scum on glass doors and walls can be cleaned
with straight vinegar. Spray on the vinegar and let dry. Then respray
to dampen and wipe clean. Repeat if necessary.
- Prevent mildew on shower curtains or liners. Keep
a spray bottle of vinegar near your shower. Spray your curtain or liner
once or twice a week. No need to rinse.
- Mildew in your rug Once mildew gets into a rug, it
lives and grows. Kill it with a 50.50 mixture of vinegar and water.
Pour the mixture onto the rug. Let stand until the rug is completely
- Sinks with hard water or mineral deposits can be
cleaned by covering the stained area with paper towels soaked in
vinegar. Cover and leave on for 1 hour. Then wipe with a damp sponge.
- Toilets To clean your toilet, pour 2 cups of
vinegar into your toilet and let sit for 30 minutes. Next sprinkle
baking soda on a toilet bowl bruush and scour any remaining stains.
- Bathroom floor For ceramic tile mop with a mixture of 1 cup vinegar and 1 gallon warm water. For linoleum and vinyl floor scrub with a mixture of 1 gallon water and 1 cup vinegar. To polish floor after wards, use club soda. Wood floor
use 1 cup vinegar and 1 gallon water mixture. Mop onto floors lightly,
do not saturate the floor. No need to rinse. The vinegar will keep the
floor shiny and removes any greasy buildup.
- Mirrors Use a diluted solution of 1/4 cup vinegar
and water in a spray bottle. Spray on mirrors and wipe clean with paper
towels. You will have a streak free shine.
- Remove dingy old tub decals First, warm the
undiluted vinegar in the microwave for 3 minutes. Saturate the decal
with the vinegar and let sit for about 5 minutes. This should loosen
the glue holding the decals on. Remove any leftover glue with a damp
sponge and vinegar.
Content Provided By: http://www.itstolivegreen.com